- Extends the 97 throttle shaft 3-3/4” for difficult linkage applications
- Stainless steel construction resists twist
- Support bracket ensures reliable linkage movement
- PTFE-lined support bush for smooth throttle action
- Perfect for Weiand WC4D (small block Chevy) & Edelbrock CD-694 (early Cadillac) intakes. Blower plates too!
- Detailed instructions available at the Stromberg Tech Center
Extending the Stromberg 97 throttle shaft for difficult linkage
applications, this kit comes with a support bracket for reliable linkage
operation. It's designed for narrow spaced 4x2 and 6x2 intakes where
all of the carburetors must be linked on one side - like the Weiand
WC4D, Edelbrock CD-694 and supercharger adapter plates.
twisting in operation (common with brass shafts), Stromberg extensions
are high-grade stainless steel, with a larger diameter section extending
as far up the shaft as possible. For improved looks, it covers the 97
throttle shaft bush. And for maximum security and alignment, it is fixed
with a 3/32” roll pin (supplied) through the hand throttle mounting
hole, standard on every 97 throttle shaft.
The new shaft
extension is long enough for up to 3-3/4” carb offset across the engine.
And the stainless steel ‘trim-to-fit’ support bracket, with its
PTFE-lined bush for smooth operation, accommodates up to 4-1/8” in-line
offset between the two banks of carburetors – enough for all ‘known’
applications. Naturally, the kit works perfectly with other parts from
the Genuine Stromberg range, allowing customers to complete their
linkage with matching parts.
Each kit comes with ‘quick-fit’
help in the pack, and full and detailed installation instructions are
available via the Stromberg Tech Center at www.stromberg-97.com .