- Factory 'patina' finish straight out of the box!
- Built to original Stromberg blueprint specification, with key improvements
- Lightly rusted, satin painted cast iron base
- Lightly media blasted castings and stainless steel parts
- Heat 'aged' external brass parts
- ‘Reconditioned with Stromberg Genuine Parts' rosette decal
- Factory-set brass float, made in the USA on original dies
- Reinforced airhorn lid eliminates leaks
- A big 97 and all the other correct markings
- Twin-ball S-jet inlet valve
- High tech cellulose/nitrile gaskets
- 162cfm out of the box
- Full 12 month factory warranty
- A brand new Genuine Stromberg 97 with factory patina! The more you
handle them, the more patina they pick up. Available only from Stromberg
Carburetor Official dealers!
Here are the highlights:
pressure die-castings from new dies, CNC-machined for a blue-print
parts fit. So no oversize screw threads. No mystery parts from previous
rebuilds. No problems.
- An early style cast iron base with
stock size - not second-best oversize - throttle shaft. Parkerized as
per original factory spec. Lightly rusted on the outside, then rattle
can painted with a careful mist of satin black.
- Main castings and stainless steel parts lightly media blasted. External brass parts heat aged.
- Every Barn Find model even comes with a 'Reconditioned with Stromberg Genuine Parts' rosette decal to complete the look.
efficiency remains key so some parts, like the choke plate, accelerator
pump rod and springs, are left untouched. It all adds to the old, but
- A reinforced air horn casting with extra material around the float bowl lid to eliminate warping and leaks.
- Stock original (sea level) Stromberg jetting - 0.045 main jets and a Number 65 power valve.
- 162cfm out of the box (independently verified) measured at 1.5inch Hg (same as they measure 4-bbl carbs).
- A new brass float, made in USA on original Stromberg dies.
- Our specially developed no-stick S-Jet inlet valve.
- Modern, high-tech, reinforced gaskets. Sorry, no leaks!
steel linkage throughout. Our springs are stainless. So is the
accelerator pump rod, the throttle linkage, choke plate, lever and more.
- Beautiful investment cast stainless steel throttle and accelerator pump levers.
- Original-style riveted throttle and choke shafts.
- Extensive dyno and road tests have proved that it matches or exceeds original spec.
- Stromberg 97 Barn Find is also available with cable choke or LZ push linkage - to special order. Ask your dealer.
like any carburetor, the Genuine Stromberg 97 needs proper installation
and tuning for optimum performance. Every 97 comes with full
installation instructions and we are working on help with tuning in our
Note: Original hand throttle parts are not included. If you need them, email us, as we can probably find you good used parts.