- LIMITED EDITION - Black lacquer finish with chrome/polish details
- Built to original Stromberg blueprint specification, with key improvements
- Correct cast iron base
- Factory-set brass float, made in the USA on original dies
- Reinforced airhorn lid eliminates leaks
- Twin-ball S-jet inlet valve
- High tech cellulose/nitrile gaskets
- 162cfm out of the box
- Cable choke, LZ linkage and/or Vacuum Port options available to special order
- Other colors available. Ask us!
Yes, they're back, even though they never really went away. And they're
just the same, But better than ever. The Genuine Stromberg 97. A brand
new carburetor with Stromberg on one side. And a big 97 on the other.
Available only from Stromberg Carburetor Official dealers. And now in a new Limited
Edition black and chrome finish!
Here are the highlights:
- Castings painted with black lacquer before assembly. Chromed
brass plugs, screws and S-jet, and polished stainless steel linkage and
- Super-accurate pressure die-castings from new dies,
CNC-machined for a blue-print parts fit. So no oversize screw threads.
No mystery parts from previous rebuilds. No problems.
early style cast iron base with stock size - not second-best oversize -
throttle shaft. Parkerized and black lacquered just like they used to
- A reinforced air horn casting with extra material around the float bowl lid to eliminate warping and leaks.
- Stock original (sea level) Stromberg jetting – 0.045 main jets and a Number 65 power valve.
- 162cfm out of the box (independently verified) measured at 1.5inch Hg (same as they measure 4-bbl carbs).
- A new brass float, made in USA on original Stromberg dies.
- A specially developed no-stick S-Jet inlet valve.
- Modern, high-tech, reinforced gaskets. Sorry, no leaks.
steel linkage throughout. Who needs rust? Not us. Our springs are
stainless. So is the accelerator pump rod, the throttle linkage, choke
plate, lever and more.
- Beautiful polished investment cast stainless steel throttle and accelerator pump levers.
- Original-style riveted throttle and choke shafts.
- Extensive dyno and road tests have proved that it matches or exceeds original spec.
Available with cable choke and/or LZ linkage options to special order. Remember, like any carburetor, the Genuine Stromberg 97 needs proper
installation and tuning for optimum performance. Every 97 comes with
full installation instructions and we are working on help with tuning in
our Tech Center.
Note: Original hand throttle parts are not included. If you need them, email us, as we can probably find you good used parts.