- Built to original Stromberg blueprint specification, with key improvements.
- Re-issue original Stromberg cable choke lever and bracket
- Black lacquered cast iron base
- Factory-set brass float, made in the USA on original dies
- Reinforced airhorn lid eliminates leaks
- Twin-ball S-jet inlet valve
- High tech cellulose/nitrile gaskets
- 162cfm out of the box
Yes, they're back, even though they never really went away. And they're
just the same, But better than ever. The Genuine Stromberg 97. A brand
new carburetor with Stromberg on one side. A big 97 on the other. And on
this model, an exact re-issue of the original Stromberg cable choke
lever and bracket, as used on special aftermarket 97s made for 1949-53
Ford models. Available only from Stromberg Carburetor Official Dealers.
note: You can use the cable choke option on the centre carburetor of a
3x2 set, but tight carb spacing usually means that the cable mounting
bracket is best mounted on the rear carburetor and the cable brought
forward to the center carburetor. The system works best with an early
Ford style wire choke, which pushes and pulls from the dashboard
control. If you use a more flexible cable, you may also need a choke
Here are the highlights:
- Super-accurate pressure die-castings from new dies, CNC-machined for
a blue-print parts fit. So no oversize screw threads. No mystery parts
from previous rebuilds. No problems.
- An early style cast
iron base with stock size - not second-best oversize - throttle shaft.
Parkerized and black lacquered just like they used to be.
- A reinforced air horn casting with extra material around the float bowl lid to eliminate warping and leaks.
- Stock original (sea level) Stromberg jetting – 0.045 main jets and a Number 65 power valve.
- 162cfm out of the box (independently verified) measured at 1.5inch Hg (same as they measure 4-bbl carbs).
- A new brass float, made in USA on original Stromberg dies.
- A specially developed no-stick S-Jet inlet valve.
- Modern, high-tech, reinforced gaskets. Sorry, no leaks.
steel linkage throughout. Who needs rust? Not us. Our springs are
stainless. So is the accelerator pump rod, the throttle linkage, choke
plate, lever and more.
- Beautiful investment cast stainless steel throttle and accelerator pump levers.
- Correct pale chromate zinc treatment using the original Ford Service Bulletin process.
- Original-style riveted throttle and choke shafts.
- Extensive dyno and road tests have proved that it matches or exceeds original spec.
Remember, like any carburetor, the Genuine Stromberg 97 needs proper
installation and tuning for optimum performance. Every 97 comes with
full installation instructions and we are working on help with tuning in
our Tech Center.
Note: Original hand throttle parts are not included. If you need them, email us, as we can probably find you good used parts.