- 5-3/16 inches from carb to carb
- Show chrome/polished stainless steel finish
- Extended throttle shafts not required
- Fits Edelbrock 1108 & 1109 3x2 intakes
- Use with Stromberg 9145-59A or 9145-11A fuel line
- 9243PRO-CHR-KD with auto-trans kickdown lever available to Special Order. See 9246PRO-KD for details.
- For a chrome direct linkage at this spacing order 9246S-CHR and shorten the rod by 5/8 inch.
A high quality, CHROME 3x2 progressive carburetor linkage designed for great looks and a positive action (click more
for applications and details) Use with intake manifolds that put each
carburetor 5-3/16th inches apart. See above for typical manifold
Designed and manufactured exclusively by Stromberg
Carburetor, the TwoStep linkage range combines clean, traditional looks
with maximum leverage and huge versatility. Each kit comes pre-assembled
and installs in just two simple steps, without the need for extended
throttle shafts. Our kits are not a ‘one size fits all’ solution.
Different intakes use different carb spacing, so we modelled every kit
in 3D CAD and offer different kits for specific intakes. If you’re in
doubt, simply measure your manifold spacing – throttle shaft to throttle
Check out the following features:
- Progressive kits have opposite threaded rod ends for easy adjustment. Just spin the rod to adjust for the correct lever angles.
- Extended throttle shafts are not required.
- Die-cast zinc SuperLink lever arms. All other parts stainless steel – even the rod ends and lock nuts.
kit comes with two new Stromberg ‘Snapback’ throttle return springs,
which wrap around the end of the throttle shaft. These chemically
blacked, stainless steel torsion springs snap the carburetors shut, yet
virtually disappear from view.
- TwoStep progressive systems
are designed to ensure optimum performance and ensure maximum
versatility. The primary lever has three mounting points to change when
the secondary carburetors open, and you can pull the front carburetor or
push the rear one open to suit individual applications. On the top
setting (as supplied), the linkage will start to open the secondary
(end) carburetors at around 50% primary (center) carburetor throttle
rotation. Lower holes will open the secondaries sooner.
improve leverage, the primary (center) arm was kept as long as possible
without hitting the carburetor S-jet. It also has a bigger clamping
screw to handle more linkage torque. The sliding progressive rod meets
the secondary carb rod at the top of the lever arm - not part way down
like some systems. Good leverage is especially important as 97
multi-carb systems have strong spring resistance.
swivels and bolts were developed to clamp the rod ends tight, yet still
allow the sliding swivel to rotate. The neat tapered rod stops have
discreet set screw fixings. And the rounded bolt has a small blind hole
in the head. Simply insert a small hex key (like the one you use for the
small rod stop set screws) to stop the swivels turning while you
tighten the lock nuts.
- WARNING! To use this linkage with
banjo fuel fittings (eg. Stromberg 9082K and 9083K), you must add our
9086K banjo fitting spacers. Without them, the banjo and its fuel hose
will interfere with the long primary (center) lever linkage arm causing
linkage binding or sticking, which could result in uncontrolled engine
speed, property damage, serious personal injury or death. Always read
the instructions before installation.
TwoStep linkage kit comes with full instructions, and further help with
selection, installation and tuning is available at our Tech Center.