- Extended throttle shafts not required
- Fits Offenhauser 1080 2x2 intake for 1949-63 Cadillac (8-5/16in spacing)
- Fits Eddie Meyer 1932-48 'low-rise' intake for Flathead Ford (8-1/4in spacing)
A Premium 2x2 Super carburetor linkage with rod ends for positive action (click more
for applications and details). Use with intake manifolds that put the
carburetors 8-1/4 to 8-5/16 inches apart. See above for typical manifold
applications. Please note: Photo shows 9242P kit. This kit is the same,
but puts the carburetors a little closer together.
manufactured exclusively by Stromberg Carburetor, the TwoStep linkage
range combines clean, traditional looks with maximum leverage. Each kit
comes pre-assembled and installs in just two simple steps, without the
need for extended throttle shafts. These kits are not a ‘one size fits
all’ solution. Different intakes use different carb spacing, so we
modeled every kit in 3D CAD and offer different kits for specific
intakes. If you’re in doubt, simply measure your manifold spacing –
throttle shaft to throttle shaft.
Check out the following features:
- Premium kits have opposite threaded rod ends for easy adjustment. Just spin the rod to adjust for the correct lever angles.
- Extended throttle shafts are not required.
- Long die-cast zinc SuperLink lever arms. All other parts stainless steel – even the rod ends and lock nuts.
kit comes with two new Stromberg ‘Snapback’ throttle return springs,
which wrap around the end of the throttle shaft. These chemically
blacked, stainless steel torsion springs snap the carburetors shut, yet
virtually disappear from view.
- Special swivels and bolts
were developed to clamp the rod ends tight. The rounded bolts have a
small blind hole in the head. Simply insert a small rod eg, a hex key,
to stop the swivels turning while you tighten the lock nuts.
Every Stromberg TwoStep linkage kit comes with full instructions, and
further help with selection, installation and tuning is available at our