- Back-bar linkage ONLY - use with two 3x2 Progressive kits for full 6x2 linkage
- CAD optimised function plus great looks
- Unique low-line brackets support the shaft at four points for zero flex and positive operation
- Clamped and pinned levers ensure positive grip on the Back-bar, with ‘3-position’ adjustment for leverage and throttle response
- Die-cast zinc SuperLink lever arms. All other parts stainless steel
- Stainless end stops prevent lateral movement
- Cool satin finish. Chrome available to special order
- Supplied pre-assembled. With instructions!
This Trim-to-Fit Back-bar kit adapts to a wide variety of applications -
Use with two Stromberg 3x2 TwoStep Progressive Linkage kits to build a
full 6x2 progressive linkage.
Designed and manufactured
exclusively by Stromberg Carburetor, our Back-Bar kits change the game
for quality, efficiency and looks. With so many different multi-carb
intakes and applications available, Stromberg 6x2 progressive linkages
are modular, allowing you to select you 3x2 Progressive Linkage and
Back-bar kits separately to suit your individual intake manifold
You’ll find comprehensive information on choosing
and installing the right kits for your multi-carb intake at the
Stromberg online Tech Center. Each kit comes pre-assembled and installs
in simple steps, without the need for extended throttle shafts. Every
Stromberg TwoStep linkage kit comes with full instructions, of course,
including how to measure your intake and 'Trim-to-Fit', including how to
pin the levers to the Back-bar shaft.
This Trim-to-fit Back-bar Kit can be used on intakes with the following maximum dimensions:
Carb spacing on each bank : 5-1/2 inches maximum
Distance between the two banks: 9-1/8 inches maximum
– how far one bank is in front of the other: 1 inch maximum.
Trim-to-Fit kits are supplied with one long and one short Back-bar
bracket. You leave the short one alone, and trim the long one to suit
your own offset.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Our pictures show a full 6x2
linkage when assembled. Carburetors and manifold not included. This kit
comprises only the following:
- 2 stainless steel Back-bar
brackets with rolled ends, Oilite self-lubricating bushes and two small
washers to take up any height difference in the base castings.
- Stainless steel Back-bar shaft.
long levers, with swivels and clamping screws. One lever is pinned to
the shaft. The other is drilled for a 3/32 inch roll pin (supplied)
allowing you to position this lever to suit your intake width.
- Two stainless steel end stops to prevent lateral movement in the Back-bar shaft.
- Two stainless steel rods with swivels – the links between the Back-bar levers and the primary carburetors.
for maximum versatility in operation, our 6x2 kits can be configured in
a number of different ways. The long back-bar levers have three top
mounting points for flexible throttle response and leverage. And the
progressive links can be adjusted to run the engine using just two, four
or all six carburetors. For more information, check out our 6x2 Tuning
Tips at the Stromberg Tech Center.
Stromberg recommends a
mechanical pedal link for all multi-carb systems. Your 6x2 Back-bar can
be connected to the pedal via one of the two long levers supplied, or
you can add a further long lever with Stromberg kit 9096K (Long linkage
arm/swivel) which can be positioned anywhere along the Back-bar shaft to
align with your throttle pedal ‘pull’ point. Complete with swivel,
clamping screw and 3/32 inch roll pin, the extra lever can also be
drilled and pinned to the Back-bar to ensure positive location.
note: This kit will not fit Holley or Edelbrock 94 carburetors as the
idle mix screws are on the back where the brackets fit on the 97.