- Back-bar linkage ONLY - use with two 9253PRO 3x2 Progressive kits for full 6x2 linkage
- CAD optimized function, plus great looks
- Unique low-line brackets support the shaft at four points for zero flex and positive operation
- Clamped and pinned levers ensure positive grip on the Back-bar, with ‘3-position’ adjustment for leverage and throttle response
- Die-cast zinc SuperLink lever arms. All other parts stainless steel
- Stainless end stops prevent lateral movement
- Cool satin finish. Chrome available to special order
- Supplied pre-assembled. With instructions!
This Back-bar kit fits the Offenhauser Pacesetter 3924 6x2 intake - Use
with two Stromberg 9253PRO 3x2 TwoStep Progressive Linkage kits to build
a full 6x2 progressive linkage.
Designed and manufactured
exclusively by Stromberg Carburetor, our Back-Bar kits change the game
for quality, efficiency and looks. With so many different multi-carb
intakes and applications available, Stromberg 6x2 progressive linkages
are modular, allowing you to select you 3x2 Progressive Linkage and
Back-bar kits separately to suit your individual intake manifold
You’ll find comprehensive information on choosing
and installing the right kits for your multi-carb intake at the
Stromberg online Tech Center. Each kit comes pre-assembled and installs
in simple steps, without the need for extended throttle shafts. Every
Stromberg TwoStep linkage kit comes with full instructions, of course.
This Back-bar Kit is supplied 'ready-to-fit' the Offenhauser Pacesetter 3924 6x2 intake.
Carb spacing on each bank : 4-3/4 inches
Distance between the two banks: 6-1/2 inches
Offset – how far one bank is in front of the other: 3/4 inch
NOTE: Our pictures show the full 6x2 linkage when assembled.
Carburetors and manifold not included. This kit comprises only the
- 2 stainless steel Back-bar brackets with rolled
ends, Oilite self-lubricating bushes and two small washers to take up
any height difference in the base castings.
- Stainless steel Back-bar shaft.
- Two long levers, with swivels and clamping screws. Both levers are pinned to the shaft.
- Two stainless steel end stops to prevent lateral movement in the Back-bar shaft.
- Two stainless steel rods with swivels – the links between the Back-bar levers and the primary carburetors.
for maximum versatility in operation, our 6x2 kits can be configured in
a number of different ways. The long back-bar levers have three top
mounting points for flexible throttle response and leverage. And the
progressive links can be adjusted to run the engine using just two, four
or all six carburetors. For more information, check out our 6x2 Tuning
Tips at the Stromberg Tech Center.
Stromberg recommends a
mechanical pedal link for all multi-carb systems. Your 6x2 Back-bar can
be connected to the pedal via one of the two long levers supplied, or
you can add a further long lever with Stromberg kit 9096K (Long linkage
arm/swivel) which can be positioned anywhere along the Back-bar shaft to
align with your throttle pedal ‘pull’ point. Complete with swivel,
clamping screw and 3/32 inch roll pin, the extra lever can also be
drilled and pinned to the Back-bar to ensure positive location.
note: This kit will not fit Holley or Edelbrock 94 carburetors as the
idle mix screws are on the back where the brackets fit on the 97.